~ Sun Salutation in Ashtanga Yoga ~
Surya Namaskar A and Surya Namaskar B
5 basic refinements once you’re in triangle pose:
1) Starting with the back leg, extend your calf into your heel and straighten your leg. Reach your tailbone in the direction of your back heel. Keep that, then:
2) Press down and forward with your front foot and from the inside out, pubic bone to outer hip, turn your thigh out. Point your front kneecap forward. Keep 1 and 2, and:
3) Rotate your navel, ribcage and chest up toward the ceiling.
4) Extend out through both hands, bring your lower shoulder blade down your back away from your ear.
5) Lean back into your back body. Breathe.
#bestyogapractices #asanadharma #trikonasana #trianglepose #yoga #legs #balance #strength #flexible #iyengaryoga #ashtangayoga #fuckyeahyoga #yogaeverydamnday #practicedaily #igyoga #instafit #yjyoga #manduka #vsco (at Yoga at The Raven)
|—||What I needed to hear (via exoticwild)|
|—||Brittany Josephina (via laughing-treees)|
A quick all around vinyasa with options for inversions and arm balances! Take your practice outside! Feel free to email with any questions, or a detailed list of asanas to accompany this vid. Happy practicing, yogis! www.yogalyndz.com